Key benefits of Smartpak are listed in the tabs below.
- Cost effective in comparison to other forms of similar packaging
- Faster packing times with the interconnecting system offering multiple cavities to pack into at any one time.
- Designs based on Advanced Packing Method (NOT PREPACKED PACKAGING) Which is not required to be marked with a statement of measure. Eliminating barcodes or labelling.
- To eliminate processes, especially with current Labour rises.
- Longer storage Capabilities compared to other package forms e.g. Bunch bag/ prepacked punnets
- Potential to open new markets allowing small to medium size enterprises to up sell their premium lines of fruit without the high costs associated with packaging facilities
(smartpak will hold no responsibilities on storage claims as there are to many factors that effect storage and advises farmers to conduct their own trials.)
SELL PRICE PER/KG
- Punnet Tare Weight is deducted at Point of Sale and sold as a Net weight.
SELL PRICE PER UNIT
- Packaging which have an open top can be sold with a price per pack. (E.g. $5each) with no marked measurement required. This may give huge advantages when fruit prices are high.
- Ability to hold stock and deliver fresh produce with packaging that protects fruit integrity and delivers a more appealing and professional look for the consumer.
- Have full view of produce and clearly see quality before purchasing with opening giving consumers the ability to try before you buy concept (WE ALL DO IT WHEN IT COMES TO GRAPES). Unlike the pre-packed punnet which prevents this concept. When prices are double and sometimes triple consumers should be given this right.
- Grapes are protected better in shopping cart and in shopping bag.
CLAIMING THAT FOOD PACKAGING CAN EVER BE SUSTAINABLE IS A BOLD STATEMENT AND ONE THAT WILL BE CHALLENGED BY ENVIRONMENTALISTS EVERYWHERE.
Spartpak understands the reality of plastic and the most recent backlash on soft plastic and plastic bags in the Fruit and Vegetable Department. and stands committed to doing everything posable when considering the Environment. While most consumers understand that some form of plastic packaging is required for certain foods, they also demand that their packaging becomes ever more sustainable. In the great debate about the sustainability of different types of packaging materials, PET plastic has some outstanding advantages such as preventing food waste to being fully recyclable, light, robust, flexible and easy to transport.
When it come to Grapes and Berries alike, some form of durable packaging is required regardless on people’s opinions. With this in mind, we have selected PET as preferred choice of plastic.
PET STANDS AS BEING THE MOST COST EFFICIENT AND MOST WIDELY RECYCLABLE OF ALL PLASTICS IN THE WORLD.
Smartpak endeavours to use fully Biodegradable plastics if and when it becomes available until this time we believe that all characteristics as PET Plastic are the best out there.
Smarpak has a series of designs which are all patented and design registered. We are excited to present the 3 CAVITY SPLIT PUNNET which will target both high end fruit and markets.
Currently very little separates low/medium to high quality produce in our industry; its now time to break away from the pack.
The cavity punnet will continue to uphold Australian Table Grapes and it’s reputation as it continues to lead the world with its high quality and standards and opening more market opportunities for both domestic and export moving forward into the future.
Smartpack will continue to move with technology to grow and deliver new innovative ideas for the industry in years to come.
- Eliminating double handling processes
- Increase productivity
- Enhance storage / shelf life
- Obtain higher returns
Smartpak will endeavour to deliver high quality packaging with current overseas partners and as demand increases manufacturing of it’s products will rest on Australian shores offering quicker turn around on orders and eliminating pre season orders.
We look forward to partnering with you. For further information regarding the new products or to arrange product samples contact Joey on 0427376280 or go to our Contact Page and flick us an email.